29 August 2005

Monica's 50th at North Avoca Surf Club

I attended my cousin Monica's 50th Birthday celebration at North Avoca Beach Surf Life Saving Club. It took a while to find it as I had not been to the area for many years. It was a fun afternoon, beginning with a game of matching obscure words with an unknown partner and ending with adults scrambling for the best lollies in the jar. Don't you just love the photo of Shirley on her way to fill the bag!!

It was certainly a great celebration of Monica's life, her family and friends. A wonderful strong woman and light to all of us!!

I had such a good time, and it brings back memories of boyhood staying at Avoca with the Cooney's in the Old House at the southern end of the beach. I remember being rumbled by the gals and reading to all hours Leslie Charteris, The Saint from the house library.

Click on the title for more photos....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home