24 May 2006

Helicopter Pilot..

Today thanks to the generosity of the Alcocks and Rileys I was introduced to the joys of flying a helicopter. The Red Ballon gift package that I received from them for my 50th ..[yes that was more than a year ago now] expires in a few days so I decided to do the Helicopter Instructional flight with Bankstown Helicopters ... what a buzz... after a brief intro to the controls of the Robinson R22 Beta II... we took off from Bankstown Airport and after climing to 700 ft, I was given a gentle intro to the controls, climbed up to 1,000ft and then asked to head north to the M4.. followed it out to Prospect and then head on back to the landing area.

What a cool present from from kind people ... but i might have become hooked on an expensive hobby ... its only 50 hours to get a private license ...

Sorry, no photos of me flying the chopper ... too busy with the collective and pedals and horizon and attitude ahh... so much to learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home