15 December 2005

Rostrum Christmas

I attended the Rostrum Club 18 christmas function at the Indigo on Capitol Restaurant in the Metro Hotel (the old RG Hotel).

Noah reigned over the beasts braying for a place on the ark, an innovate round robin exercise from John (Noah) Deakin [aka Dung Beetle] that had is all in stitches.

I think Robert (Cockatoo) Cornege topped off the Short Speeches with his excellent melding of all three topics into his passion for golf.

I was served up for dessert with a censure motion about my "word of disloyalty to the Crown" at the last Christmas gathering. Fortunately, after extensive debate, handled most deftly by Mr Paul (Brolga) Barbero, I succeed in having the motion quashed as specious, frivolous and unconstitutional, being merely an expression of the right speak freely, even in sedition conscious modern Australia.

I especially enjoyed seeing old sparring partners Rod (Tom Cat) Toombs, Ray (Bandicoot) Barbero, Alan (Caribou) Cabrera, Kevin (Rhinoceros) Reid, Sonley (Jackal) Johnstone and Duyet(Llama) le Van. Sharon (Hyena) Hurst held her head high in the beastly company of the male orators, always good to see her with the group.

there are more photos here

------------------
I was delighted to meet up with Sarah at Central Railway and have her company on the return journey to the mountains.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home